Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Born Bohemian

 I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th – 14th December 2013. http://writetribe.com

Whatever I write might kick the senses just like my sol kadi :D. The same outburst of erratic thoughts without any control of time and destination.
There are so many things i want to pour on these blank pages….But how do i start? From childhood? The meandering youth? The restless growing age? Or shall i hit down the accelerator from the present and go back to the past?

Let me see…hmm..here i go knocking on my memories with a slight twist in the time machine. I was born and brought up in the bosom of the sandy beaches of Goa. A carefree soul, who spoke her own language of passionate prose. I weaved dreams on the sand. Build palaces on the palms and dived deep in the sea to rejuvenate  my soul.
I trekked the lands of the ancestors searching for treasures in the fossilized holes. There were days when time stood still and the childhood bliss continued till the old man on a wintry night reminded that a new dawn is born.

I would like to carry on and on with my whimsical ramblings…god knows how long :D

As this is my first post for the " Write Tribe Festival of Words 2 ", let me take a breather and think about what i want to write and how i go about it…Cherrioooooooooooooo : D







he prompt is "Recalling memories" for Festival of words - Day1! - See more at: http://aasinabsurd.blogspot.in/2013/12/scrambling-memory.html#sthash.qdNe5J1G.dpuf

he prompt is "Recalling memories" for Festival of words - Day1! - See more at: http://aasinabsurd.blogspot.in/2013/12/scrambling-memory.html#sthash.qdNe5J1G.dpuf

26 comments:

  1. Sunita this is very good attempt of your participation in a write tribe contest.Childhood memories of playing on sea side seem to be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sea has been my soulmate while growing up Usha ma'am. It has never left my soul. Thank you very much for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  2. Nice way to interlink your childhood "sea memories" to the prompt! Kudos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were brought up in Goa? That must have been a pretty awesome childhood, I'm sure :) You may want to remove that Captcha prompt on the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i was confused with the label and uploaded the captcha :P sorry for that..deleted it now. Thank you for taking time to go through my memories :)

      Delete
  4. the meandering mind, thoughts and memories are well expressed in the post... it's a good one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our mind is the only part of our body which has its own language. And memories are its food.Thank you very much Pratikshya for your comment :)

      Delete
  5. spent your childhood in Goa? lucky you. how I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i had no choice being a Goan right :P so luck was by default! Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. A poetic expression this is!! Looking forward to read all your posts for this WT fest! Cheers :)
    PS : You may like to remove word verification from commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shilpa glad to see you here. Hope to face the wordy challenge with my chin up.Deleted that captcha link. Thank you for your constant support.

      Delete
  7. Lucky gal, u were born in Goa and that makes for wonderful memories. Cheerz
    www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beginnings seem so exotic. I enjoyed trailing along with your memories. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in an exotic place Kathy. So, there was no other way then having loads of happy memories :) Thank you very much for being there always with your benevolent comments :)

      Delete
  9. I echo the thoughts here! Wow! Growing up in Goa must have been super. Would love to know more about you. A good start dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow!! That was wonderful!! :)
    Growing up in Goa must have been really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun growing up in Goa. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  11. Lucky girl! I have been to Goa twice and just love the place for its beaches, sea food and architecture. Good start for the festival. Look forward to reading more of your posts all through the festival. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Goa has that impact on those who drops in there ;)Glad to see your comment Rekha :)

      Delete
  12. Very poetic description of your childhood in Goa. You took me on a journey. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your youth with us. Music brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...