Saturday, October 24, 2015

Life of Honour

Day-24,OctPoWriMo-2015.

This image is of my village,where I was born and brought up with loads of happy memories. That road  which leads to my school in the background, and the vast expanse of playground have fostered moments unforgettable.River Zuari flows behind my school. That chapel was built by the first Portuguese settlers in 1553 on the shores of river Zuari. You can check the history of my village here...http://www.goacom.com/goan-villages-1/96-salcete/596-cortalim




Time takes a leap through changing seasons,
I remember the happiness shared in your precincts,
Growing into a swan from the realms of child play,
Your beautiful memory, dances in my eyes every day.

You left an impact, my citadel of knowledge,
Falling, learning; paving for life, a survival bridge,
Where you molded, a strong character from soft clay,
Your beautiful memory, dances in my eyes every day.

Lifelong friendships were built on that playground
Behind that chapel adventurous hearts beat unbound
We have fostered those moments, carved on that winding way
Your beautiful memory, dances in my eyes every day.

Time takes a leap through changing seasons,
Your beautiful memory, dances in my eyes every day.





 Poetry prompt: #OctPoWriMo

A Kyrielle Sonnet consists of 14 lines (three rhyming quatrain stanzas and a non-rhyming couplet). Just like the traditional Kyrielle poem, the Kyrielle Sonnet also has a repeating line or phrase as a refrain (usually appearing as the last line of each stanza). Each line within the Kyrielle Sonnet consists of only eight syllables. French poetry forms have a tendency to link back to the beginning of the poem, so common practice is to use the first and last line of the first quatrain as the ending couplet. This would also re-enforce the refrain within the poem. Therefore, a good rhyming scheme for a Kyrielle Sonnet would be:

AabB, ccbB, ddbB, AB -or- AbaB, cbcB, dbdB, AB.


15 comments:

  1. This form seems difficult. Great job. I am pleased you have such lovely memories of your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cressida...It was a little tough cookie to crack :) Just managed to get through. My school played a huge role in my way of thinking and becoming whatever I am today :)

      Delete
  2. Another masterpiece from your fabulous bouquet of poems, wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful poem bringing back memories. Enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your love and sense of place are evident!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know what goes in my write :) It is true, my village lives in my soul :)

      Delete
  5. beautiful poem, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed it .. few of my own memories danced ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always find so many common memories when it comes to school. Thank you very much :)

      Delete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-26                                                                  Pic credit: Sunita Prasad The summers were never so w...