Friday, October 13, 2017

They called her "The Misfit"


Day 13 OctPoWriMo -2017 (Prompt- Art In The Wayward Mind )






A woman in pants

With a cigar in her hands

A weird looking gaze

With a short mustache

And her crooked body

Became a topic to chase.

Her head covered with feathers

She sneered at the tongue waggers

She crossed every bridge with pride

Living on her own terms

She let the world eat a humble pie

When she attained fame far and wide.

A painter with a substance she was

Who stuck to her roots

In awe of her feisty halo

The one and only one Frida Kahlo.





Once I came across the prompt I started to wonder what to write. I don't want to put myself there as I am still working my way. This is one woman who inspires me the most. How she made her creative talent to rise above her physical imperfection. Hope we inherit atleast ten percent of her courage to fight against the odds.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely tribute to Frida! Thank you for bringing your own inspiration from her into this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one person who lived her life on her own terms. A brave lady indeed. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this dandy tribute to Frida, Sunita. A line that struck me: "She crossed every bridge with pride". xoA

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite artists! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele. Glad to know you are her fan :)

      Delete

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...